Sometimes I get so wrapped up in my own business that I forget to take a second to appreciate what's happening in the rest of the world. Here's a look at what some of the blogs I read (and you should read too, if you don't already) have been up to this week:
- Today, I'll be appearing on Rockville Central Radio, a weekly online radio show hosted by Brad and Cindy from the blog of the same name. Brad and I have discussed things we may talk about, which you will definitely hear if you tune in at 12pm here.
- Maryland Politics Watch mourns the death of two big Maryland blogs, PolitickerMD and Free State Politics, which was home to B'ville schoolteacher Eric Luedtke. I doubt he's too bummed about the end of FSP, as he's on to bigger and better things at the East County Citizens Advisory Board.
- Greater Greater Washington, which will eventually devour all other local blogs with its coverage of things well outside of the District, tackles the debate over the Perpetual Building in Downtown Silver Spring, which at fifty years old has local preservationists anxious to save it from redevelopment.
- Wayne Phyillaier's Finish the Trail blog is doing a five-part series on Bus Rapid Transit and the Purple Line, which definitely raises some key issues about the Town of Chevy Chase's ongoing struggle to stall the transitway.
- My roommate and two of his friends have started a blog about indie music, named after the street in College Park where we live. I know better than to enter a conversation with him before consulting the Knox Road Music Blog Barely a month old, they already has a substantial following in New Zealand, I've been told.
Post a Comment