- Also tomorrow: the second-annual Silver Spring Blues Festival, headlined by legendary D.C. blues group The Nighthawks - featured on HBO's The Wire - takes over Ellsworth Drive from 2pm on.
- The Handmade Mart returns to Downtown Silver Spring this Sunday. The "annual, juried, independent craft fair" takes over the block of Ellsworth Drive between Georgia Avenue and Fenton Street from 10am to 5pm. Check out this guest post about last year's Handmade Mart from friend of JUTP (and County Council candidate) Hans Riemer.
- Kensington Arts Theatre's production of the musical Violet (which we reviewed earlier this week ends its four-week run tonight at 8pm, with one last performance tomorrow at 8pm. As always, you can find them in the Kensington Town Hall, located at 3710 Mitchell Street in Kensington. For more info and to buy tickets, check out katonline.org.
- Rockville Central wonders if the InterCounty Connector, set to open next year, could help or hurt property values along the highway.
- MPW says we're the #2 local blog in Maryland.
Just a note so folks know if they want to tune in that WMET 1160Am is now part of the Guadalupe Radio Network - Catholic programming. WMET is inside the World Building and old timers will recall it was WGAY then for a bit tried to go pay-for-play by having folks buy airtime to put their shows on and sell their own ad space to support it.
Post a Comment