- Mid-County Director Natalie Cantor re-caps meetings on the future of "downtown" Sandy Spring in preparation for a charrette this fall. On the boards: more housing and offices above stores; a village square where "grandparents can bring their grandchildren down for an ice cream cone," and parallel parking on Route 108 to slow traffic.
- Wheaton High could be merged with Thomas Edison High, the county's only vocational school, to become a "high-tech" school, says the Examiner. Parents worry it'll shortchange kids who aren't planning on going to college.
- A sophomore at Northwood High planned to bomb her school, says the Gazette.
- Good Eatin' continues to mourn the loss of the Wheaton Safeway.
- We get a lovely heads-up from Lydia over at Snoburbia.