"People are willing to spend almost $2 Billion on a train, but don’t care about the community’s ability to walk there," he says. I think people who support public transportation would support more sidewalks. Don't you? William might want to check out our three part series on the new library's design before making further comment.
- The County Council's approved the Purple Line Master Plan, which lays out how the 16-mile light-rail line will travel across Montgomery County. This brings the Purple Line one step closer to a projected completion in 2016.
- Tonight at 6:30, there's a meeting to discuss the new ban on skateboarding in Veterans Plaza at the Civic Building, located at Fenton and Ellsworth.
- And tomorrow, the new Chick-Fil-A on Tech Road opens at 6am.
Last, but not least:
- Good Eatin' reviews Italian subs in Wheaton and beyond.
- From the Gazette: Discussion begins on the redevelopment of Glenmont Shopping Center. Scroll down to read local residents' two cents, thanks to the paper's brand-spanking-new commenting system. (It's about time!)
- Speaking of which: say goodbye to hyperlocal news at the Gazette, according to this internal e-mail posted at Maryland Politics Watch.