Metro will run shuttles between Fort Totten and Glenmont, but you might be better off taking the bus - the 70s or S buses between Silver Spring and downtown D.C., the J buses between Silver Spring and Bethesda, or the Q buses between Silver Spring, Wheaton, and Rockville, among other routes.
- Takoma Park resident Steve Davies has started a new blog about the area. There isn't much on there yet, but he's looking to join up with TBD.com, a blogging network/news source run by the good folks at Allbritton Communications (you know, Channel 7!)
- And here's the difference between Silver Spring and Oklahoma: "One thing you can expect in Silver Spring is an encounter with a drunk person. Public intoxication is not a crime -- it's a rite of passage here. Walking after dark in Silver Spring is an invitation for a bottle of vodka and a story from a stranger."
- Move over, Bedding Barn. It looks like you've got some competition for best farm-themed bedroom furniture store:
Last, but not least:
- Rockville Central points us to this article about Rockville Town Square and the growing popularity of urban living in the suburbs.
- Samurai_SS, the last remaining original contributor at The Georgian Confidential (the blog of record for residents of The Georgian apartments) is giving up the reins.
- Come to a special going-away happy hour TOMORROW from 6 to 8pm at Jackie's Sidebar, 8081 Georgia Avenue!
Post a Comment