(Ah, those were the days.) Anyway:
- Reader Terry in Silver Spring asks if somebody else wrote last Friday's post on super-conservative gubernatorial candidate/yummy cake proprietor Brian Murphy. Yes, I wrote it. What, haven't I expressed my love of dessert before?
- East County eight-piece swing band Swingtopia returns for their last show of the summer at Greek Village Restaurant in Colesville. It all starts at 8pm tonight at the restaurant, located at New Hampshire Avenue and Randolph Road.
- Sprung on the Spring celebrates a smart-alecky Ride-On bus driver on the "Silver Spring-Takoma route," though we're not sure which one they mean. (There are four of them, and the bus-riding public wants to know where to find him.
- The blog War Is A Crime reports that supporters of Palestine staged a protest Saturday afternoon at the Ulta Cosmetics store in Downtown Silver Spring for selling products made in the contested West Bank.
- Historian for Hire David Rotenstein writes a paean to his neighbor, the endangered Porta-John in South Four Corners Park.
- Good Eatin' celebrates the yummy empanadas at Caramelo Bakery on Georgia Avenue in Wheaton.