- WUSA9 reports that an SUV drove into the Super Chicken restaurant on Ennalls Avenue in Wheaton. Of course, this is in the same block that nearly burned down entirely after a fire at El Pollo Rico two years ago. Of course, Super Chicken didn't place in our Great Peruvian Taste Test, so it's unclear if this is a loss for fans of pollo a la brasa.
- From Vanity Fair: "Mazel tov, residents of Washington, D.C., and its environs: your area tops off a new regional property earnings index . . . This would explain Washington’s triumph: its suburbs include the Maryland hamlets of Bethesda, Chevy Chase, and Silver Spring, which are all overrun with professionals and creative types."
Not to mention:
- From our bureau of No Shit, Sherlock: A woman in Bethesda thinks the Purple Line is stupid. She's probably lying about the part where she takes the J4 bus instead. How would she know where College Park is unless her help lives there?
- The Post profiles a Latino comic who daylights as a banker in Wheaton.
- Also in Wheaton, cops entered a man's house to serve him with a warrant and broke his 65-year-old mother's hand, says Fox 5.
- Volksmarchers - recreational, non-competitive walkers - stormed downtown Silver Spring last month and wrote about it in the Post.
Thanks to the Fratellis for today's post title.