- They may call it the People's Republic, but there's nothing liberal about Takoma Park and alcohol, says the Gazette. I didn't know that breastfeeding-rights advocate Lorig Charkoudian (quoted in the article) was the head of the local co-op as well.
- Spring Center, the strip mall at 16th and Spring streets, is up for sale, says the Business Journal. It'd be a nice site for redevelopment, just a few blocks from the Metro and adjacent to a future Purple Line station.
- Good Eatin' discovers that the Gazette regularly reviews more restaurants in Rockville and Bethesda than in East County.
- A Post reporter made it out to the JokeFest at Fenton Street Market last weekend just to point out that children aren't funny.
- William at Montgomery Sideways is happy an SUV driver didn't hit him while crossing Silver Spring Avenue.
- I'm having a going-away party! Come by around lunchtime to find out more. And tomorrow, check out the world premiere of the very first movie about Veterans Plaza.